Thursday, November 29, 2007

Let's All Toast JB Together!

From: Mark Halpern
Date: Nov 29, 2007 5:52 PM
Subject: let’s all toast JB together!
To: Leo Wong

Dear Leo,

I think John’s idea (see below) of simultaneous toasts to Jacques by all his admirers tomorrow is an excellent one (I had proposed such a scheduled toast just for the two of us, without thinking it through); could I persuade you to publish the idea to the list? I would guess that John is right in thinking that the best time to do it would be when it’s 8pm in San Antonio, wouldn’t you?

Mark
===================
(excerpt from John's letter)

Your toast is an excellent idea. Alaska is one hour behind my old Bay Area stomping grounds, but how about going nationwide, even worldwide. If you write to the entire mailing list, proposing a toast that might coincide with the festivities in San Antonio (say, 8 or 9 p.m. Central), then Jacques’ admirers can raise their glasses together from coast-to-coast. You might even give the equivalent time in GMT so that folks around the world can join us. By rights, you should be the one to do so.



Historical note by Leo Wong: this is my first blog post from an ASUS Eee PC.